Thursday, June 18, 2009

We Passed Court!!!

I am thrilled to announce that Aaron and I are the proud parents of a son. As we slept last night, the Ethiopian courts were busy reviewing our files to determine if all documents were complete and clear enough to legally and officially declare us the parents of a beautiful boy named Solomon. Solomon is his birth name and we will keep it as his name. The biblical King Solomon was known for his wisdom, his wealth and his writings. Solomon was the son of King David. Wouldn't you know that Aaron's middle name is David! It was soooo meant to be!!!


We feel incredibly blessed and humbled that once again God has given us the honor and privilege to parent one of His precious children. As we make travel plans,we continue to keep in our thoughts and prayers the other families that are waiting to have their adoptions finalized by the Ethiopian courts. We didn't pass court the first time around with Addison's adoption, so I know how difficult the wait can be. If someone who's reading is still waiting to pass court, please know that it will happen!!! Once you meet and hold your child for the first time, the delays and disappointments will soon become a distant memory.

I'll post a picture later. This such an amazing feeling!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see his beautiful face! What a perfect addition to your family!

Renee said...

Congrats Pat! I have some great pictures and video of Solomon. He's VERY friendly and outgoing! He came right up to me and asked for Kidus's toy! I'm having some computer issues but I'll get the pictures to you ASAP.
XO,
Renee

Lisa and Peter said...

I'm SO delighted to hear that you passed court today! Congratulations!!!

Lisa

Beth said...

Congratulations! So happy for your family!

Freda said...

Congratulations!!!

Freda said...

Congratulations!!!

Robin said...

Oh Pat!!! I am so excited for you!!!! We leave in less than 10 hours...and I can barely contain myself!!!! I'll give your Solomon lots of love and hugs from his Momma!

Susan and Chad said...

Congratulations to you all on this beautiful news!

The Mathews Family said...

Congrats and Blessings!

Emily said...

Congrats! I love the name Solomon!

Marilyn said...

Pat,
I'm sooooo very excited that I can barely contain myself!! You and Aaron apparently slept last night but I couldn't! We are elated to have a "boy" in the family! After all, it has been over 35 years!!

Please know that as a family, mom, Ashli, Lonnie and I (as well as our friends) are anxiously awaiting Solomon's arrival and to shower him with love, hugs, and kisses!! Our lives have been enriched by our blessing named Addison; now we are further blessed to have Solomon in our lives. We are truly blessed and highly favored!

Luv ya,

Marilyn

Jen said...

Congrats! So happy for you!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Huge congrats to your family. Celebrate.....then start packing!

Blessings to your whole family.

Tam said...

SO exciting! Congratulations!

Gracie's Mom said...

Many, Many, Many Congrats!!!! Yayyyyy, I can't wait to see the little handsome sweetie:)

Heidi said...

How wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!

Heidi