Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Court Date!

What a day it's been! No only did we celebrated a birthday, we received our court date which means we're one step closer to bringing home our son. We also received an update on his personality AND the most adorable picture a waiting parent could hope for. A June 18th courtdate is awesome since Ethiopian courts will close for two months starting in August. Please pray that everything will be in order so we pass court the first time around. Now that I've been "introduced" to this sweet child, I can't imagine waiting until the Fall to see his face in person. Here's the update (minus his name and picture) I received:

"xxxx is such an adventurous little boy! Today, he enjoyed playing with his blocks and attempting at every opportunity to steal my pen when I set it down. We may have a future architect or artist in the making! He seems to be very inquisitive and intellectual. He even tried to make a break for outside when a caretaker opened the door. He was so curious and sneaky today! His curious nature makes him very exciting and fun to play with!"

Not only do I think he looks like Addison, his "inquisitive and intellectual" personality description sounds a lot like his big sister. I'm so excited to be one step closer to him and I just can't wait for him to come home!

I'll keep you posted!

14 comments:

Gracie's Mom said...

Sounds like he's gonna fit right in! I'll be praying everything goes perfectly in court. Congrats again.

Jebena said...

I'm praying too! Congratulations Family!!!!

VALARIE said...

I am praying for the best. Waiting through the court closure would just make the summer much too long. Congratulations again.

Chris and Dawn said...

Ooh, I love a little guy with a little mischief in him! He sounds like so much fun! Praying you fly through court and are on your way to meet your sweet guy!

Bennett said...

wow that was fast!!! Congrats can't wait to see pics

I have a court date on Tuesday, June 9th

Pray for me,

Celeste

Ash said...

Congratulations!! Praying your pass court the first time, & hold your soon son!
ash

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Pat! I am so very happy for you and your family...you will definitely be in my prayers!

Tanisha,
mom to Anthony (ET) and Anderson (USA)

Ryane said...

Just a few more days! Praying that all goes well on Thursday and that you'll be headed to Addis to bring that sweet boy home soon.

Sweet Patience said...

Pat,
We are praying that all goes well with your first court date! Looks like time has passed by and I will have to meet both of them at the same time!
Kristy

Robin said...

Praying tomorrow is your day!!!

Ryane said...

Thinking about you guys this morning. Hoping and praying for good news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Jan and Randy S.
(Parents to Judson, Ansley, Sawyer and Turner)

K-Tuds said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if Renee knows but she'll be so excited, we have the CUTEST video of solomon opening his package from you, but soon you'll be there to give him the greatest package ever!

Katie

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the new addition. I hope you have a quick travel date.