Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ear Tubes and Red Shoes

After numerous ear infections, chronic congestion, night time coughs, and observed balancing/stability problems, we took Addison to a pediatric ENT and audiologist and discovered she had significant amounts of fluid in both ears. Last Thursday, she had outpatient surgery which included suctioning out some of the fluid and implanting ear tubes. We arrived at the childrens' hospital at 6:30 am thinking Addison would be the first patient of the day. How wrong we were! The waiting room was full of sleepy, crying, and hungry babies. Many were still in their cuddly PJ onesies with feet. Seems like ear tube placements and tear duct surgeries were the procedures for the day. After completing some paperwork, Addison's procedure started at 8:00 and was over by 8:15. We were back at home before 9:30. I'm happy to report that Addison is doing great.

So back to the title of this post...Ear Tubes and Red Shoes. Miss Addison got a new pair of sweet red Mary Janes by the trendy baby/toddler shoe company Preschoolians (FYI: You can find a new pair of these shoes for a fraction of the retail price on Ebay:-). Well Miss Addison LOVES these shoes! She actually goes around saying, "I like these shoes". When it was time to undress her to put on that sad little hospital gown, she protested when it came to taking off her shoes. The nurse said it was O.K for her to leave them on so Miss Addison went right into the operating room wearing her shiny red shoes. What can I say? Maybe she wanted to retain just a little bit of dignity. I think she got the shoe thing from her aunt Marilyn. Or maybe she got a little bit of it from
me:-) She is truly our child. Now presenting Addison's favorite shoes of the month:

 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted about this b/c it is the essense of your little girl... emphasis on GIRL. Those shoes are hot. Do they make them in a size 10? :)

Angela said...

I am so diggin the shoes! There is a great young children's book that was my favorite called "Anne Likes Red." You're little one might like it, too.

Queen Diva said...

Pat,

Those shoes are RED HOT!!! I love them.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Luv those red steppers. Go Ms. Addison!!!!!



Gracies Mom

cme4spchtx said...

Hi!
I love your blog and I know that your daughter has been a blessing! I came across your blog this past weekend through another blog. My husband and I reside in SW Atlanta and we are researching adopting from Ethiopia at this time. I have information from two local agencies here in ATL for Domestic adoption. I am requesting information from an Agency now for international adoption information. Thank you so much for the information that you shared. I was beginning to think that there were not any Atlantans adopting from Ethiopia. It is comforting to know that there are other families here who have gone through the process!
If you have an opportunity, please email me at
Cme4spchtx@bellsouth.net

Take Care!
Kristy
Cme4spchtx@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Freda and my husband and I have decided to adopt from Ethiopia. Reading your blog has truly been inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story. Is the EthiopiaAdopt GA group open to potential parents or is this group strictly for those who have already adopted? It would be great to met other families who have already adopted. We are an African American couple residing in NC. I travel to Atlanta on business frequently.

This is the first time I’ve ever responded to a blog so I hope you get this.

Handlyrics said...

Aaww!!!TOO cute.

Anonymous said...

little ms earley is just a doll....i truly enjoy keeping up with her development....makes my day...you and aaron our just wonderfull parents and what a blessed family......lv deniese