Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Birthday Girl!

Last week, we celebrated Miss Addison's third birthday. I cannot believe she's three already! Addison has grown so much in every aspect over the past year. She's still the spunky, sweet, strong-willed toddler that never ceases to amaze me. Addison has survived the last three weeks as big sister to Solomon. When she's in the mood to be a good big sister, she's awesome! When she doesn't feel like being bothered or sharing her parents or toys, she's a little stinker!

I was warned by several mothers at Addison's school that a child's third year is more challenging than their second. Well, while most of her classmates celebrated their 3rd birthdays back in the Spring, I think Addison decided then that she would get a head start on proving her classmates' parents right. She has decided that having selective hearing, constantly changing her mind about her desires, showing her disapproval by frowning and crying and in general, going against whatever her parents want her to do...is fun! Well maybe it is fun for her, but it can drive a parent crazy! It's amazing how at the moment when I'm thinking, "What happened to my fairly easy child?", she will say or do the sweetest thing that makes up (well almost makes up) for the crazy behavior just witnessed. So I guess that's why people often say that parenting is the hardest but most rewarding responsibility a person can have. Obviously the rewarding part outweighs the difficult part sense we decided to do it all over again with our adoption of toddler Solomon!

Here are my favorite recent pictures of our birthday girl:

This photo is of her birthday celebration with family. Note the unattractive cake. Addison saw this ice-cream cake in Trader Joes and just had to have it. She had a Dora themed birthday celebration at school that included a cool looking Dora "cupcake cake". I don't feel like downloading a picture of that cake but trust me...much prettier than the scary looking ice-cream cake.




8 comments:

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Miss Addision!

Oh my gosh she's beautiful and such a big big girl now. I agree with the 3 is hard advice. For us very hard! We sailed through the terrible 2s but 3s have been a whole different thing. My girl turns 4 at the end of this month and I'm hoping, praying and crossing my fingers for my sweet babies disposition to return.

Gracie's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Ms. Addison:)

Journey to Jaden said...

Oh my goodness she is beautiful!!!! I have been spinning over here but will call you in the next few days:) I have Jared starting Kindergarten Thurs so will be back down to only one. Please give her a birthday kiss for me!!

Bennett said...

yes she has gotten so big!!!!

wow!!!!

Happy birthday to you.....

Emily said...

She's beautiful! And, like Addison, Grayson has decided to get a head start on the terrible 3's! He's such a sweet boy, but when he doesn't want to listen, we might as well just stop talking:) Glad to hear you guys are doing well...it was such a pleasure to meet you in ET!

Queen Diva said...

WOW!

She has gotten so BIG! Happy be-lated birth Addison!

Andrea

Jebena said...

She's beautiful!!

I love the pic of Addison sitting/kneelin---My DH and I agree that the CocoPrincess favors her alot in that photo!

Tami said...

wow 3!!!!! Happy Birthday pretty girl.