Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm on my way!

This time next week, I will be on a plane to Ethiopia. I finally get to meet my sweetie-pie son. Over the last six weeks, I've gotten wonderful updates and precious pictures of Solomon. He's been described by those who've meet him as ENERGETIC, sweet, intelligent, fun, and did I mention ENERGETIC! I think I need to upgrade my vitamins.

My travels will take me away from Addison for an extended period of time for the first time ever. I'm really struggling with being away from her for a week although I know she'll have a great time with her dad. I've arranged several play/dinner dates for them while I'm away so Aaron won't have to bother too much with cooking. I'm hoping that having several play dates will minimize our time away from each other. I'm also leaving her small presents and notes for each day I'm away. As much as I'm looking forward to returning to Ethiopia, I'll be so happy to be back home with all of us under one roof.

As usual, I leave you with a recent picture of our Solomon. I hope he doesn't tire of me kissing those cheeks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip!

Freda B.

Queen Diva said...

I pray you have a safe flight and safe arrival back home to your family!

Have a good time in Ethiopia!

Andrea

Gracie's Mom said...

Safe and happy travels:) Can't wait to see pics of the family all together.

Tracy said...

He's precious! You must be really excited about meeting him!

VALARIE said...

Hi Pat,

Congratulations and safe travels. I hear that you also met a college friend of mine in Atlanta recently. Stephanie sent me a FB message telling me about your blog that I've been reading faithfully for about a year. I love how the internet shrinks the world and brings us all closer together.

How exciting for you to be going back and Solomon is cute as can be. Congrats!

K-Tuds said...

Have a safe trip! He's a DOLL!!!!!!!!! OH i just wanted to eat him up!!!!

Can't wait to see the "forever family" picture!!

-Katie

Sweet Patience said...

Pat,
Have a safe trip Pat. Your son is adorable. I am excited about seeing how Addison is going to react to her brother! Wonderful. I will try to call you before things get busy on my end. I am sure that you are going to be knee deep in toddler land when you return. Enjoy the trip and I will talk to you soon.
Kristy

Emily said...

I too am having trouble with the idea of leaving my little one at home! I just got done writing him little notes for each day.

Can't wait to see you there!

Emily