Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Favorite Ant Eater

Aaron and I celebrated our 5th year wedding anniversary this past February. We had initially planned to have a nice date night. Aaron had been out of town for several days prior to our anniversary so Addison was not wanting to let him out of her sight. We decided to have a family date celebrating at a new, chic (but not too plush) New Orleans style restaurant. Aaron ordered a fancy shrimp appetizer dish served with headed shrimp covered in barbeque sauce. As Aaron was enjoying this expensive delicacy, Addison yells out, "Mommy, Daddy is eating ants! Yucky!!!" I thought the comparison was funny and I was impressed with her ability to notice the similarities between shrimp and ants. Aaron, being the doting, proud, and brilliant father that he is, took it to another level and pointed out that ants and shrimp are both types of arthropods. (smile). Well I must admit that I wasn't exactly sure what an arthropod was, but what I know for sure is that I married THE most wonderful man. Happy Anniversary Aaron!

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jebena said...

Pat, Happy Belated Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Has it been 5 yrs....my my....love deniese and i wish you an aaron the best .....

Sweet Patience said...

Happy Anniversary (Belated) Pat!
We will have our 5th this May as well!
I hope that you all enjoyed your evening.

Tami said...

Happy Anniversary you two...three! ;-)