Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Addison's First Job

We have decided that Addison will be our subdivision's first official dog walker. She loves trying to walk dogs but most are too large and strong for her to control. Well, Addison has recently met several yorkies in our neighborhood that have enabled her to hone her dog-walking skills. She can really handle yorkies because they're so small and light. A young couple was with their yorkie "Polo" in our neighborhood park and Addison insisted on walking him. It's gotten to the point that if anyone with a dog stops and talks with us, Addison will reach for the dog's leash as if it's her job to walk it. Polo’s owners took these pictures with their cell phone and sent them to us. We just happen to live in a subdivision where dogs are plentiful and very pampered. In fact, the dogs in our neighborhood have their own doggie park! So forget the lemon-aide stand, Miss Addison has found her toddler - age calling. We're pretty impressed with her finesse and think she’s just the cutest little dog walker we’ve ever seen :-)

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Gracie's Mom said...

Go Ms. Addison, get started on that college fund early!

Anonymous said...

... and since Max wants to be a garbage man (sp he can ["take all the poopy diapers away") he can hold the pooper scooper for her in this toddler business venture.

Angela said...

Awesome that she has found her calling so young! :)

Tami said...

Maybe she will be a vet. Pay attention to what they enjoy early. I wish my mother paid closer attention to what I liked earlier because i never deviated from what I enjoy today. My life would have been so much simpler. She looks way too cute with the dog!

Bennett said...

Hello

I have followed your blog for months and decided to drop a line and tell you how much I have enjoyed reading a/b your journey to ET and your beautiful daughter. I am in the process also and w/in a 2 weeks will have my paper work over in ET.

If you would like you can follow my journey on my blog also.

lessycurls.blogspot.com

take care and GOD Bless

Anonymous said...

Hi, I started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago and your daughter is just precious. We are just starting our adoption journey and are in the initial process of choosing our adoption agency. My husband got a kick out of looking at your husband's pictures--in some of them, they look like twins! It would be interesting if there were related! My husband was born and raised in California, but will in Georgia end of this month for a family reunion in Georgia. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

That girl is too adorable for words. She looks so comfortable and 'in charge' with the dog.